Reiki and Life Coaching go together like peanut butter and celery for me. It’s my favorite combination. Maybe not the perfect combination of healing techniques for all, but I’ve long been in love with these two. I’m a Transformational Life Coach and a Usui Reiki Master.
Both Reiki and Transformational Life Coaching call on the intuition to do the work.
These are intuitive arts. Anyone can use life coaching tools but it takes the unique talents of each coach to really bring about the change and a-ha moments doing the work together can bring to a client.
Both Reiki and Coaching can be done one-on-one or in groups. The two arts have some similarities like that. But they enhance each other as well. That’s why I was led directly to life coaching after a few years of Reiki practice. (I began Reiki in 2012 and life coaching in 2016).
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a traditional Japanese hands-on healing technique in which the practitioner channels healing energy to the client (or receiver). Reiki is always relaxing for both giver and receiver — and never depleting to the giver.
Offering something like a coaching session can be depleting as the coach will expend energy, intuition, and attention to the client. This is why those of us who coach spend time on proper self-care daily. Reiki doesn’t require as much self-care; it IS self-care.
Since Reiki is an energy technique, it is highly intuitive as coaching is.
If you’re a beginning Reiki practitioner at level one and you’re reading this thinking to yourself, “I don’t feel very intuitive,” do not worry. The intuition deepens at level two and the Master level. My intuition in a Reiki session with a client tells me where to place my hands, which areas need the most care, and what kind/how much care they need.
In a coaching session, you as the client reveal to me a lot of what you want me to know by talking to me. I don’t just listen with my ears though! I listen with my eyes, I listen energetically, and I “listen” to your body language. I also “listen” to your posture, the colors you wear, and the exact speech you use. You can tell me anything you want, but know that I will “hear” what is really going on anyway! Intuition helps me help my clients in both Reiki and coaching sessions.
So how does Reiki enhance life coaching?
1. The intuitive ways Reiki guides me to read your energy field
2. If your coaching session leads us to a meditation or visualization for you, calling on Reiki can help facilitate that.
3. Reiki is a sacred practice, as is coaching. Reiki brings more sacredness to any coaching session.
4. Reiki can slow down a coaching session. Reiki helps to relax everyone, quiets the mind
5. Reiki can help integrate certain work we do in a coaching session. For example, doing Reiki after an intense coaching session of going within, answering my questions, bringing up your “yucky stuff” will lead us to create the next steps towards changes in your life. Reiki can help integrate various forms of work we do in coaching — especially affirmations.
Did you know Reiki Masters always work with affirmations in Reiki? It’s part of every attunement we do!
For more information on how I can help you achieve your goals through Transformational Life Coaching and/or Reiki, please contact me via the form below or book your session on the scheduling page today!